Thursday, October 23 - Last day of first term.
Look for Report cards to come home with your students today.
Friday, October 24 - No School - P/T Conf Day
Monday October 27 - Utah Symphony & Pizza Party
Wear nice clothes and bring a home lunch unless you signed up for a school sack lunch.
Our Pizza party will be at 2:00 YUM!
October 27-31 - Red Ribbon Week
Monday - Best Dress Day
Tuesday - Inside-out Shirt Day
Wednesday - Crazy Hair Day (no hats, wigs or coloring)
Thursday - School Spirit Day (Wear your Brookside Tiger Shirt)
Friday - Halloween (Wear your Costume)
Friday, October 31 - Halloween
Wear your costume to school - No changing at school
Parade at 2:35
Pick up your students from our classroom if you want to leave before 3:15
- Our class earned the upper-grade pizza party from the PTA sponsored "No T.V. Week" challenge. I am so proud of the fun things that members of our class did besides watching T.V.
- Social Studies - We have started talking about Archaeology. See our blog.
- Science - Our weather unit is in full swing. We have talked about all the different tools that meteorologists (weather scientists) use and also talk about some properties of air.
- Math - We have learned about factors and multiples. We have been exploring perimeter and area.
- Language Arts - We have started our guided reading groups up again. We are reading some of my favorite fantasy books. We are exploring how Reading is Thinking!
- 40 Book Challenge - You should have read about 10 books so far to be on track for our challenge. If you don't have that many then pump it up.
- Books we have read as a class that will count are: Fourth Grade Rats (RF), first Guided Reading Book (RF), and Come Back Salmon (I).